Leo3 WiMade in Italy
Made of anticorodal aluminum, for all Mirrorless Sony and Panasonic, and small DSLR Canon and Nikon, for old Models and new Models.
This is an updated list of compatibility. Dome ports and other accessories are sold separately.
Material: Anticorodal aluminum
Deep Dive Test: -150 meters
Port Hole: locked bayonet-mounted (compatible with LEO II & Underwave)
Commands: electronics, manual focus ring gear
Strobes: 1 standard nikonos strobe bulkhead plus 2 optic fiber connectors
Back: hinge closure through 2 safety-closing hooks
Ports: sold separately.
It seemed to be impossible, but after more than a year work Easydive succeeded in realizing the first UW housing with Wi-Fi commands (patent pending).
This new housing is very compact and meant to be adapted to many mirrorless cameras. It has one handle hosting one control panel only, that, through a switch command, doubles the functions so that there is no need of a second control panel.
Leo3 WI is for sure the most technological housing in the world, being the only one with an electronic control unit managing commands through USD, I.R. and Wi-Fi. The electronics will automatically recognize the camera we are going to put inside and consequently will enable the proper commands management.
As per every LEO series housing, Leo3 WI gives the opportunity to use different camera models with the same housing. For to upgrade the housing for hosting a different camera the user would not need to send it back to Easydive once he buys a new camera, but would enable the housing recognize the new camera through the programming kit sent via e-mail by Easydive.
Here’s a list of the small, but all-important devices implemented in this revolutionary LEO3WI:
• Remote software upgrades: whenever the customer wishes to change his camera, or add a new one (to use with one and the same housing), he shouldn't send us the housing, nor the electronic control unit like before. He'll simply have to buy (on-line or by e-mail), the appropriate software upgrade and, after copying the file to the usb pen-drive included with the optional programming kit, connect it to LEO3WI, switch it on and the upgrade will perform automatically. Easydive will deliver by special courier the appropriate tray to center the new camera inside the housing and then both cameras could be used simply by changing tray
• Ergonomic handle completely re-designed: several prototypes have been developed and tested so that the new handle could mirror the camera handling better. Through the new design, any button is at your fingertip: 2 front trigger commands and 9 rear button commands. One of these 9 is a switch command, allowing to increase the amount of camera functions to control
• The housing's body is entirely obtained out of a block of solid aluminum (Ergal): this kind of highly resistant aluminum (anticorodal) allowed Easydive to design a lighter housing, but also to guarantee its efficiency up to -150 meters
• Standard Nikonos 5pin bulkhead: inside the housing, a switch allows the selection between different modes: 5 or 3 pins
• The electronic control unit may be switched on/off underwater, which results in the possibility of taking advantage of camera's auto-off. When the electronic control unit is switched off, the camera goes stand-by. To switch it on again, simply light the unit and push the shutter button. That way the camera may be switched on/off as you like. Option not available for GH4
• Predisposed for vacuum system (optional);
• Visible and audible moisture and leak alarm performed by 4 flashing leds.
Naturally, the new housing has inherited the enormous benefits of all the LEO series housings:
• Robust: thanks to the double sealing O-rings and to the wet contact magnetic buttons which aren't subject to hydrostatic pressure, LEO3WI is the only housing operational at -150m
• Universal: thanks to the electronic identification LEO3WI is the only housing able to handle over 24 camera models
• Easy to handle: thanks to its volume, LEO3WI is almost neutral underwater and therefore is one of the handy housings for both Mirrorless and DSLR cameras; Direct dealing: the only housing on sale from manufacturers to consumers for the best after-sales service
• Simplicity: the only housing allowing changes on shutter speed and apertures without looking away from the eyepiece
• Lifetime warranty: the only housing offering a lifetime warranty, subject to the annual maintenance performed by Easydive.
Please Note:all standard functions are listed into the compatibility file downloadable at the top of the page.
Custom functions may be implemented upon request.
• made out of a block of solid anticorodal aluminum
• handle built-in with the body
• predisposed starting spheres for arms & pilot light
• wide rear 10mm polycarbonate monitor
• hinge closure through 2 safety stainless steel closing hooks
• 1 standard nikonos 5 pins flash connector
• double optic fiber connectors
• manual focus ring gear for zoom lenses
• Height: 185 mm
• Width handle included: 255 mm
• Depth: 110 mm
• Leo3 WI port diameter: 92 mm
• Weight: 2,9 Kg
• Maximum depth rating: 150 meters