REVOLUTION, EASYDIVE'S PROGRAMMABLE LED LIGHTS: THE EVOLUTION OF THE SPECIES
write by Massimo Boyer (Article on Scubazone 55)
The Revolution illuminator for 8 years has been a strong point for Easydive. The first born had a 5000 lumen LED, the evolution of electronics has made it possible to increase the power, and today three light powers are marketed, 7000, 15000 and 21000 lumens, spotlights equipped with a powerful, dense and deep light, for diffusely illuminate the scene and make the most of the colors of underwater subjects.
But the novelty is another: thanks to the constant search for new solutions, today there are two different versions of the product, Color, for the powers of 7000 or 15000 lumens, which allows you to adjust the color temperature from 2700 ° K to 6500 ° K (practically from the warm light of a halogen lamp to the cold and bluish light of the overcast sky), and Power with 21000 lumens of maximum power and 4000 ° K of color temperature.
Not only that: the user is able to set color temperature, power and Flash function (available with Leo3Smart and Diveshot smartphone cases), obviously dry before diving, via an app on the smartphone (RevMote, downloadable for free on Apple or Play Store). The Air Mode represents an extra security, not allowing the flashlight to turn on accidentally (an additional security in addition to the mechanical lock, designed for carrying in a suitcase).
All improvements can also concern old customers, in full compliance with the Easydive philosophy. Just replace the electronic control unit and the LEDs, and the old Revolution 5000 becomes a 7000 color.
The body of the illuminator, carved out of a solid block of aluminum, does not lend itself to accidental flooding. Charging takes place via a waterproof external connector, so there is no need to open the flashlight to access the batteries. A closure error is not possible because there is nothing to close, and the seal is perfect down to -150m, to the delight of technical divers. Easydive illuminators are guaranteed for 5 years. Thanks to the new LiFe batteries (lithium iron phosphate), which do not produce gas during use and recharging, it has been possible to eliminate any other waterway such as a cap or pressure valve.
Finally, the curved front lens, in full crystal, can triple the depth of field of light compared to a flat front glass. A special photographic film was added to even out the light and soften it at the edges.
In the event of flooding, Easydive will repair the illuminator under warranty, based on the principle that the user cannot flood it by mistake. (Of course, flooding is excluded due to damage caused by impacts or breakage of the door, which would compromise the perfect seal).
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN SET UP THE NEW REVOLUTION THROUGH THE REVMOTE APP
• Download the RevMote app from the Play Store or the Apple Store.
• Turn the Revolution knob by one click (Position 1). The led light does not turn on but the bluetooth connection is activated.
• On the phone, pair Revolution via bluetooth (you can find the name of the led light among the available bluetooth devices). In Android, the first connection takes place via the phone's bluetooth settings, while with iOS the first connection takes place via the RevMote App.
• Once the Revolution is paired, the name of the Revolution will appear on the app.
• To turn on the LED light it is necessary to disable the Aerial mode from the menu at the top right. Turn the knob to the off position, then turn it back to position 1 to turn on the LED light.
The Revolution is now ready to be configured.
From the menu at the top right you can, in addition to enabling or disabling the Aerial mode, also change the name of your Revolution (eg Revolution 1, Revolution 2 etc ...). For each matching LED light, there are 3 pages available dedicated to the three positions of the Revolution's magnetic switch.
For each position it is possible:
• set the color temperature from 2700 ° K to 6500 ° K (on color models).
• set the LED power from 0 to 150%.
• Enable or disable the flash function and set the modeling light and flash output from 0 to 150%.
Remember to save all settings before using the light.
* Flash functionality is compatible with Leo3 Smart and Diveshot housings.
• 30% - about 4 hours
• 70% - about 1 hour and 20 minutes
• 100% - about 70 minutes + 10 minutes at minimum power.
• 150% - about 60 minutes + 10 minutes at minimum power.
• The charging time is approximately 3 hours (from fully discharged to fully charged).
DIMENSIONS OF 21000 AND 15000 COLOR MODELS
• Length 205 mm
• External diameter 128 mm
• Lens diameter 60 mm
• Weight in air: 1.9 Kg
• Weight in sea water: 0.450 Kg
• Depth: 150 meters
DIMENSIONS OF THE 7000 COLOR MODEL
• Length 150 mm
• External diameter 80 mm
• Lens diameter 45 mm
• Weight in air: 0.900 Kg
• Weight in sea water: 0.450 Kg
• Depth: 150 meters
Dive 2019 - Birmingham (UK)
from 26/10/2019 to 27/10/2019
New Cameras Compatible with Leo3 Series Universal Housing.
Easydive is always ready to make the new cameras...
2020 - GoPro Hero 9 Case
Anticordal aluminum Case for Hero 9, the new born of GoPro series.
2020 - Divepad Power
Divepad AVAILABLE IN POWER VERSION, with external charging system, without opening the housing.