Material: anticorodal aluminum
Deep dive test: -150 m
Port Hole: locked bayonet-mounted (adapting ring for Leo II or other brands upon request)
Commands: electronics, manual focus ring gear
Strobes: 2 standard nikonos flash connectors plus 2 optic fiber connectors
Rear: hinge closure through 2 safety closing hooks
After 8 years of projecting and developing Leo1 & Leo2, continuous researches and electronics implementation, we believed it was time to approach the international market through a brand new.
Finally also prosumer camera have their universal housing!
• Remote software upgrades: whenever the customer wishes to change his camera, or add a new one, he shouldn't send us the housing or the electronic control unit like before. He'll simply have to buy on-line, or through e-mail, the appropriate software upgrade and, after copying the file to the usb pendrive included into the optional programming kit, connect to leo3, switch it on and the upgrade will perform automatically. Easydive will deliver by special courier the appropriate tray for the new camera. In this way, both cameras can be used by simply changing tray
• Ergonomic handles completely re-designed: several prototypes have been realized and tried so that the new handles could better mirror the camera’s handling. Through the new design any button is at your fingertip with 4 front trigger commands and 16 rear button commands;
• Body of cast aluminum completely restyled, Leo3 Plus shows several enhancements: e.g., being slightly higher, allows the camera built-in flash to pop up so to better take advantage of the standard double optical fiber connection
• Double standard Nikons 5pins flash connectors: inside, a switch allows selection between different modes: 5 or 3 pins, syncro, 1 or both active connections
• The electronic control unit may be switched on/off underwater, which results in the possibility to take advantage of cameras auto-off. When the electronic control unit is switched off, the camera goes stand-by. To switch it on again, simply light the unit and push the shutter button. That way the camera may be switched on/off as you like;
• Porthole ring at your choice, which makes leo3 compatible with most ports available on the market, even other brands'. In a nutshell, at the front of the housing the standard leo3 port ring (equipped with a blocking system) may be replaced by the leo2 adapter ring or by other brand's rings upon request. Thanks to this device, nothing changes on the port focal point and therefore no changes to the camera support tray are required
• Visible and audible leak alarm performed by 4 flashing led;
• Predisposed for vacuum system (optional).
Naturally, the new housing has inherited the enormous benefits of all the Leo series housings:
• Robust: thanks to the double sealing o-rings and to the wet contact magnetic buttons which aren't subject to hydrostatic pressure, Leo 3 Plus is the only housing operational at -150m
• Universal: thanks to the electronic recognition Leo3 Plus is the only housing able to handle over 50 Nikon and Canon camera models
• Easy to handle: thanks to its volume Leo3 Plus is almost neutral underwater and therefore one of the easiest housing to handle
• Direct dealing: the only housing on sale from manufacturers to consumers for the best after-sales service
• Simplicity: the only housing allowing changes on shutter speed and apertures without looking away from the eyepiece
• the only one Lifetime warranty!
Please Note: all standard functions are listed into the compatibility file downloadable at the top of the page.
Custom functions may be implemented upon request. Ports Sold Separately
• housing of cast aluminum;
• handles of cast aluminum, built-in with the body
• predisposed starting spheres for arms & pilot light
• wide rear 10mm polycarbonate monitor
• hinge closure through 2 safety stainless steel closing hooks
• double standard nikonos 5 pins flash connectors
• double optic fiber connectors
• manual focus ring gear for zoom lenses.
20 wet contact magnetic buttons.
• Height: 270 mm.
• Width handles included: 330 mm.
• Depth: 120 mm.
• Leo3 port diameter: Ø105 mm.
• Weight: 4 Kg
• Maximum depth rating: 150 m